Analytics

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Best Boss I've Ever Had

I frequently conduct Leadership Development Programs for leaders at businesses throughout the country.

Recently, I was conducting this program for a professional services firm in Nevada. I asked the 6 executives in the room to think of the best boss they ever had. Once they had, I asked what was it that made them a great boss.

Their answers were so insightful I thought I'd share them with you:
  1. Believes In Me/Looks Out For Me
  2. Pushed Me; Has High Expectations for me
  3. Lines of Communication are open; asks my opinion
  4. Does not micromanage, but holds me responsible
  5. Supports and encourages me
  6. Treats me as an equal/respects me
  7. Teaches me about both techinical and management issues
  8. Works With Me
Can you say that about your own management style?

No comments: