No surprise there, except that the number is so low.
The study further identifies some of the common attributes of a poor employee, as written in the New Hampshire Business Review:
- Late arrivals and early departures on a regular basis (that are not part of an accommodation)
- Unexcused excessive absenteeism
- Disrespectful, abusive, vulgar or rude language towards co-workers, managers and/or customers
- Poor attitude toward the company and/or co-workers
- Constant complaints, gossip or other disruptive behaviors that bring down employee morale
- Poor or unprofessional job performance and/or quality of work
Some of Swenson's Management Principles apply here:
What you allow, you encourage.
Inspect what you expect.