Analytics

Sunday, November 02, 2008

GOTV

On Tuesday, I'll have the privilege of voting in my eighth Presidential election. In half of them, I was equally privileged to have an employer who encouraged my vote (since 2000, I am my own employer).

In most states, employers are required to provide time off to employees in order to vote (for the specific state-by-state run down, click here).

I once had a boss who tried to force us to vote by absentee ballot; we revolted. There's something about going into a voting booth and choosing a President that is indescribably American. It's something I'm proud of.

Regardless of your political persuasion, I encourage you to encourage your employees to take time and vote. An hour or two is worth the privilege of a free country.

Thanks to Fisher & Phillips.

No comments: