The new form is available here (you'll need Adobe Reader).
There are changes to what documents may be used for proof of eligibility to work in the United States:
- Five documents have been removed from List A of the List of Acceptable Documents:
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151)
Unexpired Reentry Permit (Form I-327)
Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)
- One document was added to List A of the List of Acceptable Documents:
Unexpired Employment Authorization Document (I-766)
- All Employment Authorization Documents with photographs have been consolidated as one item on List A:
I-688, I-688A, I-688B, I-766
- Instructions regarding Section 1 of the Form I-9 now indicate that the employee is not obliged to provide his or her Social Security number in Section 1 of the Form I-9, unless he or she is employed by an employer who participates in E-Verify.
- Employers may now sign and retain Forms I-9 electronically.