The bill has two main elements:
- It would give workers the option of forming unions by getting a majority of workers to sign cards to join without having to hold a secret ballot election. (Current law leaves it up to employers to decide whether workers must hold an election or can organize via "card check.")
- If employers and workers cannot reach a contract within 120 days, a government arbitrator intervenes and sets terms.
- Adopt an Internal Position Statement on Unions and Labor Relations
- Conduct An Employee Issue and Satisfaction Audit
- Ensure that Communication Lines are Open and that Managers are Responsive to Employee Issues
- Review Employment Policies and Practices