Analytics

Saturday, April 25, 2009

What Generation Y Managers Want

I'm in the middle of conducting a Leadership Development Program for a company that is young. And their managers - 11 of them - are really young: the oldest is 29 and the youngest is 23. What's more - none of them have had management training before, so it's been an interesting experience for all of us.

Prior to conducting the program, I asked them what they most wanted from their training. Here are their answers:
  1. How to give both positive and negative feedback.
  2. How to utilize people's strengths and optimize their weaknesses.
  3. How to get subordinates to Manage Up.
  4. How to keep my team motivated
  5. How to make the most efficient use of my time.
  6. How to delegate (this is related to #5).
  7. How to manage expectations.
A pretty good list - and, I think, not just limited to Gen Y Managers.

Thoughts?

No comments: