Analytics

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Insult Your Boss Day

Happy "Insult Your Boss Day". No, I'm not kidding. It must be official - it even has a website: http://www.insultyourbossday.com/.

It better be tongue-in-cheek. I find very few bosses who appreciate being insulted.

There's a difference, though, between insulting your bosses and legitimate criticism.

Think about a major difference you have with your employer. The best managers invite a contrary opinion; just be careful about how and where you express that opinion.

I never object to an employee who has a difference of opinion. But I would strongly prefer to be criticized in my own office than in front of a number of employees; my initial reaction to the latter situation would be hostile.

Don't insult; do express your opinion - but know where and when to do it the right way.

Courtesy Winston-Salem Journal.

No comments: